Friday, April 6, 2012

The Power of the Referral


It stuns and amazes me just how much our society takes for granted.  As funds get less and less you would think that businesses would get this concept…..but alas No,  So let me tell you a story about a business that got it.

            I had someone come to me with the name of a location that they thought they wanted to take their team to that had just earned the number one spot in their company in the NATION!  The Corporation that they worked for saw fit to reward them with a night out socializing.  So plans were set in motion and I was contacted to see if I could help make it great.  I contacted my contacts at the location they suggested and received the “talk with this person – they are in charge of that kind of event.”  So I did.  What I got from that was the “Here are our rates for that kind of event”.  Nothing special, nothing out of the ordinary.  The Regional contacted me to finalize the details as some of the corporate peeps were going to be a part of this celebration, and when they saw the details they were less than impressed.   Some of the Corporate people were not going to be coming in so they decided to scale down and  asked me “Would you suggest something else?”   So I did.  I contacted one of my favorite locations for socializing.  They have always taken great care of me and my associates as well as friends so I texted them the info and in less than a day they had things set up.
            The day of, I followed up with a phone call as the peeps were headed their way to celebrate, to touch base on the  details and upon finding out where they had set them up asked if they had a more plush area they could set them up with and let them know the details for the reason of the celebration.  They made adjustments in 5 min and surprised them with a bottle of Celebratory Bubbly!  My associates were impressed as was I.
            When I stopped in to see how the evening was progressing they all had smiles and oodles of  praise for the location, drinks food and staff!  It was the perfect match. 
            So here is what I say to you…..Treat your referral’s like Gold because they are Gold.  There is no better advertising than the power of a positive experience when people’s money is on the line.  Respect it and be thankful for it!  THAT is Socially Savvy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment