- Send out invites 2-3 week ahead so people have time to schedule – even save the date notices if you don’t have full details yet
- Look at your invites and RSVP or update maybe's at least a week ahead if at all possible – people are spending money and energy for food and beverage – appreciate their efforts by helping out with accurate RSVPing
- Ladies – emergency Holiday pack – extra hosiery, deoderant, 1 pr silver 1 pr gold earrings, black high heels, fragrance & lipstick – that way you can be ready for any last min invites or attire malfunctions.
- Men – emergency Holiday pack – deoderant, dress shirt, nice shoes & colognE
- Make all your appointments for services 5 -6 weeks in advance when possible!
- Know your destination and parking accomidations – will you have to walk a long ways? Weather issues? Maybe carpool or take a taxi in.
- If close up pictures are involved Don’t do anything major in diet or skin care 3 – 5 days before an event! Avoid fried foods, Coca Cola & Chocolate to name a few as they trigger hormonal reactions that usually mean break out. Facial’s, peels and treatments are designed to clarify and purge the skin so realize that it takes a few days for the results of those to be complete – make sure you ask your service provider details to be sure.
- If buying Fragrance Gift sets don't wait....odd's are they will be gone the first week in December and they rarely if ever go on sale
- Lose your car in the parking lot often? Take out your camera phone and take a picture of the isle/level it's on!
- Take a day and pre- make & freeze your favorite party appetizers! Put them on the med size disposable trays so you can grab one on short notice.
- Hit up your favorite local wine tasting rooms and pick up some wines for gift giving. Have a couple reds and whites bagged and ready to grab.
- Got a party and no time to cook? Utilize your favorite restaurant's and order app's to go! Most places have great packages to take home "catered" food! ;)
- Hard to hit all the Holiday Parties? Get together with a couple friends and all throw a party together! Don't miss out AND meet new people!
- Dry ice is not just nice for Halloween – can make a fun beverage and add animation to your buffet tables – check with your local meat department to order – usually needs a 3 – 7 day lead time
- Plan your music for arriving, chatting, dinner and dessert to keep the tempo of how you want things to go.
- If you want your event to be memorable put out disposable camera’s so you guests can have fun clicking the night!
- Can’t get around to seeing everyone you want each year? Take a regular daily event and do it together with another family – early dinner on a week night, lunch on a Sunday!
- Holidays can stress you out just as much as be exciting – make sure to take a few hours a week to do the things that keep you calm and whole – running, yoga, reading anything!
- Be prepared to say no – It’s hard sometimes but be honest with friends and yourself
- American’s throw away 75% of all the Christmas gifts they get…. Try something new – give people experiences & your time - like show tickets, dinner out or create a road trip like wine
- Check your weather reports often so you know what kind of conditions you are heading out into
Monday, November 7, 2011
Hot Tip's to be Prepared for the Holiday's & Event's!
Every week more tip's will be added so check the list often!